Saturday, 10 July 2010

A sweet escape.

This week only consisted of four working days but it is really a long and tiring week. With never-ending geography questions to do, the many various tests and remedials kicking in and on-going AEP Coursework, there is no doubt that I am SO TIRED OF BEING SO TIRED ALL THE TIME!

However, I am really happy today:) My Aunt got a hotel room at Marina Bay Sands and invited me along. The hotel design is thoughtful and posh. More importantly, smiles greeted me everywhere (except from my fellow singaporeans). I manage to get a dip in the pool at the skypark. Though the weather was gloomy, the scenery was still breathtaking. I can almost imagine how surreal it will look if there was a sunset.

From a certain distance, one looks like he/she is going to tip over accidentally and drop a whooping 57 floors. Closing the distance, I find myself getting cheated. I honestly thought that at the edge of the swimming pool, I will be able to look down at the entrance of the hotel and fear for my life; like the only thing that separates me from floating and dropping is a thin sheet of glass. To my disappointment, there is a drain and a pavement that is not accessible to public. Yes, it did not occur to me how dangerous it would be and that water will be overflowing non-stop without these barriers. Despite that, being able to enjoy the view from the edge of the world is satisfying. Overall, I had a great time there.

Can't wait to go there again!

No comments:

Post a Comment