Thursday, 30 July 2009

I am damn piss off now. I always knew that computer is the lousiest and most not trustworthy tool in the whole wide world and what happened today just proved point valid once more.

The research study that people who went to Brisbane have to do, which i had done, 10 pages long, and completed had vanished within thin air. I closed the document, satisfied and pluck out my thumb drive. the next time i tried to open and admire my wonderful masterpiece, i find that it just cant open. The computer could not locate the file and recovering the file could not work. Tried opening it with other computer and programs in vain. What was left from the months of hard work is just the title of the research, criminal profiling and a blank document. 0KB.

I dont even know who to blame. The stupid computer or my carelessness. I cant remember. I cant remember if i saved the very latest edition. If i didnt and tried to close the file, the computer will ask if i want to save it right? Even if it didnt pop out and i didnt save, at least i would still have my previously saved copy right? I dont have it and it doent make any sense at all. It wouldnt be as bad as now if i had the previously saved file. As least, i would have something, something close to complete to work on. But now, i had nothing to work on/with. Not even the slightest interest to start all over again.

Cant help but think that i am no different from the document. A name with nothing to its name.

On top of that, the computer could not shut down. I has been loading God knows what for about an hour since i tried shutting it down. It is giving me unwelcome hope, that maybe when its done, my document would come back. If is doesnt come back to me, its going to hurt even more.

Putting that aside, how am i suppose to tell Mrs Fam about it? It is due tomorrow. If a student comes and tell me that she cannot hand in her one year project on the due date itself, i know i wont believe her. And i dont want her to deduct marks from me for late work just because of this stupid incident. what other choices do i have?

Never stopped crying since then and its certainly not doing well for my already swollen eyes.
i am really sad now.Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment