Thursday, 18 November 2010

Makeup or Glasses?

Finally, today arrived. The event that everyone is most looking forward to after the last day of O Levels: Graduation night. To much disapproval from my friends, I am not going to wear a dress, not because I don't want to but the simple fact that I can't find one that is SUITABLE (I mean comfortable and expresses me). Another reason would be that I am not mentally prepared, yet. I somehow had this impression that if I wore a dress, heels and make-up, I would not be able to recognise the person in the mirrror, so yes, not wearing a dress is also a desperate need to hold on to a part of something familiar. I guess I just do not have to guts to make a 180-degree make over.

I disgress, back to my issue, makeup or glasses? My mum, sister and I tried out the makeup yesterday. Sure, I look better in makeup. Of course who wouldn't if you do it correctly, but something about it is giving me second thoughts. For one, my mum will be busy working and I have to put on the makeup myself. That will be my very first time putting on makeup myself, so what are the chances I will screw up? For Graduation!

More importanly, I can't wear my glasses when I have makeup on. I look comical; according to my sister, a frog. Everything would be tuned to perfect without glasses. You might think, the easiest solution is not wear my glasses (I dont own contacts btw), after all I'm not exactly blind without it. But the thing is, I want to remember every moment of tonight clearly. Tonight is going to be a good night and I do not want to miss out anything. I hate either-or situations. :(

2 years back, ask me the same question, I would have no qualms telling myself to wear my glasses and forget about the make up. My principle then was comfort over everything. Sadly, it is not that simple now. When girls mature into young women, vainity seems to has a bit of a edge over everything else and I am no exception. WHY MUST THIS HAPPEN NOW! TO ME!

Sign. I thought after this discussion, I would have come to a decision. Now, I don't want tonight to come so quickly...

No comments:

Post a Comment