I’d catch a grenade for ya
Throw my hand on a blade for ya
I’d jump in front of a train for ya
You know I'd do anything for ya
I would go through all this pain,
Take a bullet straight through my brain,
Yes, I would die for ya baby
But you won't do the same
When I first listen to this song on the radio, I liked it immediately. It was something different from all the other songs and of course, vastly different from his previous single, Just The Way You Are. However, taking a closer look at the lyrics, I freaked out. Seriously, if any guy is to proclaim his love for me in this way, I will never ever fall in love with him. The impression I get is that this guy is selfish, narrow-minded, unreasonable, crazy and an absolute control freak.
The very first thing a person needs before he/she can love someone else is love for himself/herself. If you cant even treasure yourself, love yourself, you dont deserve the love of others and is also naturally not in the position to love someone else. I have never been in love before but I have an idea of what my love should be like; never love the other person more than I love myself. Many people may disagree but this is the only way to protect myself.
No comments:
Post a Comment