Saturday, 4 May 2013

Same Old Conflict Between the Heart and the Mind

Most of the time, my mind and my heart agree with each other on whether something can be done or not and if a certain risk is worth taking. There are hardly any time where my heart wants something that my mind doesnt allow it to possess, except dessert. Dessert will always be an exception. However, right now, my heart is demanding for something that even it is not sure if it really wants, and my mind ain't letting my heart make the decision. It will be so much easier if my heart knows exactly what it wants but it cannot know without trying, but trying is not an option here. It really isnt't. I can just follow what my mind thinks but how can I just ignore my heart when it demands to be felt, and what if I thought wrong? Maybe I need a bit more time for my heart and my mind to come to a common concensus. However, this luxury of time is not something that my conscience is allowing me to have. And to be honest, I am so scared that if I give my heart and mind all the time they need, they will take the easy way out and won't ever make a decision. That, that is the worst and most hateful.
I saw this quote from a friend's fb wall.

"Nothing lasts forever, so live it up, drink it down, laugh it off, avoid the bullshit, take chances & never have regrets, because at one point everything you did was exactly what you wanted."-Marilyn Monroe

That sounds just about right, just do what you want and live life with no regrets. Month ago, that will be my advice to myself for everything in life,but now, I am starting to see that there are some regrets that I must and have to live with.

I think I might go with my mind, but another problem. How do I go about breaking that news to the heart? How to do it as gently as possible so that minimal pain is inflicted? The heart knows that pain is coming, but that doesn't mean it is ready for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment