Some changes to the new old blog. From now on, there will not be any exits or tags. Too much of a hassle.
Recently, there was much controversy over a 987fm DJ, Rozz, who walked out while her show was still on air. My jaws dropped as the first thing I heard when I turned on my radio was when she said something about the angry one should get out, and she really went on the do that.
When I finally got to understand a little about what had happen, I was like 'Way you go girl!' Remembering the time when Soo, another 987fm DJ was 'forced' to stop coming to work as a DJ as her spoken English, more than occassionally slipped, I was horrified when I heard the advertisement about Ris joining the radio show. The first time tuning in was bad, really. Listening to her giving an update on traffic newswas a torture; even Shan, an Irish, can pronounce the names of roads much better than her, a Singaporean. Not that a Singaporean must know how to pronounce everything street, but at least the more well-known ones like Tampines. From then on, I cringed everytime she speaks, its not only her pronounciation, her tone and speed of speaking is a little awkward too. Cannot stand the untimely pauses. This girl cannot be on the show.
Now that the issue is thankfully over, Ris is gone and Rozz is back, some thoughts came to my mind. This whole act was a public stunt by the station. It was an April Fool's joke. Or is it not?
I actually feet that this might have actually happened and the station is just trying to come up with a 'reasonable' explanation for the audience. I dont think anyone in the right mind would agree to such terms, coming in to host a few hours of show, doing things that you know is going to annoy and frustrate people and more importantly, risk your already damaged reputation. If I was Ris, I will certainly not do something like that, risking my own emotional health by creating more bad media. Not to mention, Rozz had just won the best personality blog and has many supporters, the effect will be doubled. This is an obvious social suicide and I am going to be hurt by the mean remarks though I know it is all part of an act. Maybe, this really happened but we all just want to believe that it is a joke so that we can go back to how it has always been.
But have we ever thought of how Ris might feel, an act or not, towards the mean remarks made? From To Kill A Mockingbird, 'It's never an insult to be called what somebody thinks is a bad name. IT JUST SHOWS YOU HOW POOR THAT PERSON IS, ...' So what does that make of those people who canot express their views without insulting someone else?
Thats all I have to say for now.
Just some words whose meanings I always forget..
Controversial - causing disagreement or discussion
Liberation -when something or someone is released or made free OR used to refer to activities connected with removing the disadvantages experienced by particular groups within society
Morbid - too interested in unpleasant subjects, especially death
No comments:
Post a Comment