Recently, so many things happened for the first time, but they all end up having me wishing that my friends are rocks.
I haven't got into trouble for telling the truth for a while now, until last Saturday. Telling lies is obviously wrong, but I forgot this really important advice that a friend had given me, that is if I have nothing nice or good to say, just dont say anything. I am a very frank and honest person, even insensitive and hurting at times when I forget the power of my words and the weight they carry. Sometimes, I am too dumb to see the extent of impact they have on people until damage is done. Done and never gone. Anger and humiliation can be treated with reflection and sincere apology, but pain, hurt will never go away, even if there is forgiveness. I guess that's why they say people will forgive, but they will never forget, not because they don't want to, because they can't. Once in a while, just when you think you have gotten over the pain, something will happen to kick you in the gut and say 'Hey! You're never getting rid of me!' This pain is stubborn, unreasonable and well, forever.
This is why I wish my friends are rocks, so that they are impenetrable. Impenetrable in the sense that my cutting edge words cannot go through, can't even touch them and not in the sense that my friends are impossible to understand. I am very lucky that I have more than a couple of rock friends, so grateful for them, for being who they are and accepting me for who I am. But greedy me am greedy, I hope that all my jelly friends will one day become rock friends, while I learn to wield my sword.
No one is perfect!
ReplyDeleteHAHA I know, but it is too easy an excuse for what I've done.
Delete