Wednesday, 13 March 2013

Two people

I never used to like going out with just one friend, like two people. Okay, that's not a fair way to put it because before this period of time, I never go went out with just one friend, so a more accurate way of putting it is I didnt like the idea of going out with just one friend. I used to think that it was too, intimate and intense. And very easy to get awkward (I am a very awkward person, even after my social skills got slightly better). I like a group of three, it just feels right. It is just fitting for any corridor too; you can walk side by side without hearing any 'tsk' from strangers. Anything more than three is rather hard because people will break up into groups. And you cant walk side by side. However, some time back, I went out with just one friend, and it turned out well surprisingly.

There is something amazing about going out with just one friend. You notice things that you never do when you go out as a group, you discover new things about the friend, you establish more similarities and differences between the two of you, you go into debates over something trivial forever, you become exceptionally frank and straightforward, you hear the other person humming to a random song, you feel the person's slightest reaction to her surroundings. It is like, your entire attention is given to that one person and you're rewarded with a new perspective and experience. Wow, that's really intimate and intense. And odd, I'm actually okay with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment