Saturday, 15 December 2012

Conversation with Pap in the car

On the way there,

Pap: I've asked about the bicycle, but I am worried that it will be dangerous. Cycling on the road, and with all these rascal drivers out there.
Me: But Im not cycling on the road, I am cycling on the bicycle pathway beside the pedastrian pathway.
Pap: Then how are you gonna get there? You have to cross some roads right?
Me: Yeah
Pap: Then what? You're going to walk and push your bicycle?
Me: If that's what you want..
Pap: I think since you're cycling on the cycling path, why not just go to East Coast Park?
Me: But it is so far away!
Pap: I can drive you there every Sunday or something.

.
.
.

Pap: ... If she doesnt want to go to the Doctor's, it is her choice. She is an adult already. Not like yall are still primary school kids. There's nothing much I can do.
Me: ...

Life's irony and human double standards at its best.

On the way back,

Pap: Are you still in touch with your primary schools friends?
Me: Not really, no. We follow each other on FB and Twitter, but we dont talk.
Pap: Why? What happened?  It's good to have more friends. And have gatherings once every year or something, they are nice, special. Heart-warming. I remember yall in primary school, inseparable, Dolbie and Shermaine, yall even made a shirt that says 'Best Friends Forever' or something.
Me: Yeah it is hard to maintain contact..
Pap: Why? Just talk. Time passes so fast.

I wanna know why and what happened to. Time happened, did it?

No comments:

Post a Comment