Sunday, 30 December 2012

Just Another Day

So I havent been doing much recently. My job laid off for about two weeks. Shred some jeans, watch episodes after episodes of Nikita and Suits. Made planners. Read books, the Huunger Games Trilogy got me hooked. At first, I cant quite get used to the mention of killings so frequently and easily in the first book, but I guess thats how I got so drawn into this other world because it is so different from the world that I live in right now. Then progressively, it got me thinking. Are we really living in such a different world from what was portrayed in the books?

With the extensive media reports, tabloids and reality tv shows, we are indulging in some sort of entertainment at the expense of others. And these people, they too constantly put on a show for the audience, us, likes to see. Willingly or not, I'm too sure though. Then, there are those seperated, specialised districts, where people are born into their lifes and have no means alter them. Of course it is not as bad as in reality, but only in my reality. I cannot imagine what is it like for the less fortunate people born in other realities. (I kinda feel ashamed, and it is v hard to explain why. Like here I am talking about people who are less fortunate, like that is gonna change anything for them. Just sitting in front of my laptop and talking.)

Right now, I just started Mockingjay, right about the part where Katniss agrees to be the mockingjay and is shooting her propagando video. It is funny that these people, they "escaped" the control of President Snow, into the control of President Coin. Right now, it seems this way, and a quote I recently saw came to mind.

No one is free, even the birds are chained to the sky.
Bob Dylan


There can never be true freedom and democracy. And just like everything else, we gotta find a good balance that we can accept.

No comments:

Post a Comment