Saturday, 15 May 2010

The Hurt Locker

I just finish watching The Hurt Locker. It is a good movie but I dont like it. The way it is filmed and especially the music used made you feel like you were almost there. Right where the bomb exploded, where you are caught in a cross fire, running along the streets with unfamiliar faces and language, the heat under layers of protection and the deadly silence. It is like you have to be very cautious about everything and you cant wait to get out of this crazy situation you are stuck in.

Most impactful scenes are when James failed to disarm the come tied to a man. One second you see the man hanging on the little hope he has to be set free, the next he is blown into thin air. The other one was when James stuck his hands into a boy stomach to take the explosives out of him.

We complain our life is damn boring here because everyday is the same thing. Now, I would rather life in this certainty than to live in a place where I dont know when I will be sent into the air in a million pieces. Love the peace and security we have now and say no the war. Say no to living in insecurity, violence, hostility and uncertainty.

Things that went through my mind during the show :
1. From Batman the Dark Knight: Nobody panics when things go ''according to plan''. Even if the plan is horrifying...upset the established order and everything becomes chaos.
2. From To Kill a Mockingbird: Nothing is more deadly than a deserted, waiting street.

No comments:

Post a Comment